Posted by Yvette Allen
on 5 December 2021
Christmas for many of us does not feel like it used to.
Many of us have lost someone special to us, or are alone for the first time over the Christmas period.
So here are ways to make your first Christmas special for you.
- Make sure you have some Christmas decorations, a tree, or tinsel, whatever, a Christmas wreath on the door makes it rather nice to come back to.
- Buy yourself a small gift and wrap it and put under the tree
- Plan a special Christmas lunch, perhaps steak and roast veggies. Buy a ready made dessert from your supermarket.
- Plan to phone a friend or relative on Christmas day. Pre arrange this.
- Ask a neighbour in for a Christmas drink, or even a cup of coffee.
- Put out some happy photographs of Christmas past, know that your loved ones are still with you in spirit.
- If you don’t have many friends, then join a meeting group, Kincare may have some or go to your local government website to see what is available. If you cannot get there, they will even arrange transport for you.
- If you have a DVD make sure you have some feel good movies to watch.
- Be especially kind to yourself, recognize that although you don’t have the Christmas like the ones before, you owe it to yourself to make your Christmas a special one just for you.
If you are feeling depressed then you may need some help, from your GP or a local counsellor or psychotherapist.
If you just need a 10 minute chat contact me via my website yvetteallen.com.au or phone me on 0411407149 between the hours of 11am to 1pm.
About: Yvette is registered with Resource Therapy International as a Clinical Resource Therapist and a certfied trainer She is also a qualified Counsellor, Clinical Hypnotherapist, and Master Practitioner and Trainer of Hypnosis, Neuro Lingusitic Programming (NLP) and Time Line Therapy®.